Updating

Well. I have not updated for a while. So I am now going to overwhelm you with a lot of work I have done (or tried)
Image result for update
No real order to this, just what I remember to upload

Fan art, My Hero Academia
I tried to take on a challenge of drawing a well known character in my own sort of style/different to the animated style
This was inspired by some I watched who mentioned that a way to "get followers" is annoyingly the fanart. People will see the fanart and maybe like your style and check out what else you have. It was about getting followers but I'm not looking at that. I'm looking at becoming prouder of my own style, instead of trying to recreate someone else's

I have videoed myself drawing the drawing. It took just over an hour... Too long

I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE THE VIDEO SPEED UP. YES. THIS IS MUCH BETTER
Here is the finished image
What I want to improve on now is sizing up the neck correctly (looks to long right now), the time it took was way to long so I want to improve on time. Also to play around with a different style maybe. Just to expand my view more. Otherwise, I am happy t have made this drawing look like the character it was suppose to be (always a goal in my case) and I am coming to understand the new software a lot more

(I reason I am trying to understand this new software is that I have Photoshop for now, but when SIT ends, my mum will stop providing the money for it and I might not get it again until I get income. So for that period of time I will have this one to play with)

OK, Next up
I then wanted to improve my speed and linework. So I then tried a line practice with different poses (referenced, I looked at a drawing and tried to redraw/draw it my way for a study of it)
I think this has really helped me with how I plan the lines and to just go for it. It is also a great way to improve the shaping of the drawings to give more depths instead of just shading the depth.
I then looked more in depth into how the creator of the referenced image could have planned their drawing (a mini brake down)
This was a great idea to both practice how I could plan a drawing like this with techniques I had tried before but also so this would become a normal practice for me and my work (maybe)

With this still not looking at time, I moved into doing a timed practice

The time was 5 minutes (I am still happy I can speed up the videos, but I did time it)
I think this drawing had a cool end result and I though, I should nail the next one then! Well. What I know about myself it that my second drawing is always no where near as great the the first ha ha. It is something I noticed in drawing class, so when drawing/working at home, I usually take a mini break so see if it helps (it some times does)

I do like the first one, and the second drawing has things I like within it too, but I didn't finish (maybe I pushed myself too hard ha ha)
Like I said, this drawing is not bad, but I do feel like I could have done better with it. I really do like those hands. I am proud of them :D

With that done I then did some random doodling and created a pretty cute character I might use/upgrade one day

I had wanted to try different expressions for the new cute style I am looking to adapting into my work
I like these drawings :D its cute, its full of expression and I am glad that I have been working hard to improve my art style to have been able to do this

When I finished drawing it, I thought that with would be cool to have this as a base/starting plan for my nerdy character I had started work on. Not a bad idea. So I added glasses and it still look fine

This is all for my large update. Hope you enjoyed it

Comments