My Annotated Text

I have found and used some annotated text in my research document
Annotating Tips for Close Reading - Teaching with Jennifer Findley
I will be showing them here, and why I used them (the main argument being that they are interesting and relevant to my work)

First I looked into an artist model to best try to explain what style I am looking into for my project (the 3D/2D style). This is how I found the film 'Spiderman Into The Spider-Verse'
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is dazzling, hilarious, and ...
I once saw a video about how they made this film. AMAZING. I should really watch this film. But, this is my first mention in the APA Referencing

The second text I looked at was given to me in class. It's called 'Blogging as a method of inquiry'
I read about half of it, but found a really key part that really got my attention. So I used it to better my argument. The annotated text is "To read just one of my blogs is to know only a part of me, but a whole part of me in that moment of time and space. My blog has no brand or social media strategy. I write about my life, my thinking, my hope for the future. I write my struggle with my world that seems to lack so much in hope into existence at the same time as trying to solve the struggle. My blogging is a map, not a snapshot.". Very useful. I like it

For this next annotated text, I was looking for a term to define what I meant visually for desaturated.
I found this and thought, this is perfect! With it being explained visually, I used it within my document. I took "Photographers may also choose black and white in order to convey a certain emotion. While this is by no means an exact science, black-and-white photography can give an air of elegance or realism, particularly given the rich history that surrounds the medium. As such, wedding photographers will often use black-and-white photographs to symbolize the love, commitment and happiness of couples and families". I was going to talk about the history part of the whole text, but didn't include it this time

I moved into my next argument. It was hard to find anything and got desperate, but found this just in time
Due to my desperation, I just looked for a quote I could use and ran with it, it is "Another significant example or the evocative function of animation can be seen in the Animated Minds series of short films, directed by Any Glynne (2003 and 2009). In these two series of four short films, animation is used to evoke the experiences of living with different mental health issues. Most of the Animated Minds films work in this way, by visualizing what is heard on the soundtrack, evoking the experiences being described by giving the audience a visual equivalent to that which is invisible or internal". Within it, I found an artist model! I am happy to have found a new artist model for my work

This one was an interesting one
It is one of my original references I found before SIT. I find it is still relevant to my work. "Storytelling is one of the interesting elements that should be broadened in education… Colour is another element which can enhance learning and motivation. However, colour can be easily misused so as be ineffective. The purpose of background colour is to highlight the storybook content.". I still like how it links to the colour in a digital way, and not an old fashion thing (more relevant)

Next I wanted to find something that both taught me something but was also added definition to my work
I found it in a workbook for social workers. I find it interesting and very key that it is a workbook. Why? It's because this is what social workers learn about friendship. With this being what social workers are learning (the people we go to if we have problems within ourselves and others, helping us to understand ourselves a lot more than we ever knew) is why I like it. "People with often think of a good friend as someone who offers support and understanding – who is loyal, caring and always willing to listen and help, even during difficult times (Collins 2015). The author continues to state that “An important part of friendship is the fact that it should be mutual"

I was finally on the last point. This has lots of material, but all were unable to be accessed by me
I have two texts I wanted to use. One I could get access to, the other I just got now that I just finished. It is a large document and I will read and use it next time, but for now I got what I needed for my argument. "In my own practice, I began to see a pattern between my ability to connect with myself in a positive way, and my students being able to harness that positive energy within the classroom. I also started recognizing that when my mind was not focused and clear, when my mood was not calm and positive, or when I was “pushing” through a lesson without being mindful of the teachable moments, my students behaved much differently". A very great example of what I am looking into. I will read the other text when I have time, and add it next time

My APA Referencing for them
  • Ramsey, P. Persichetti, B. Rothman, R. (Directors). (2018). Spiderman Into The Spider-Verse [Motion Picture]. 
  • Barnes, N. (2017). “Blogging as a method of inquiry” Recontextualizing Education Research Methodology. Page 24. Australia: Queensland University or Technology. 
  • Collins, B. (2017, September 15). Symbolism of Black-and-White Photography. Our Pastimes, Retrieved from https://ourpastimes.com/about-black-white-photography-12146142.html (25/03/2020) 
  • Marcus, D. Kara, S (2015). Contemporary Documentary. Page 48. Oxon, UK. New York, USA. Routhledge, Taylor & Francis Group 
  • Yussof, R. (2012). Affective Engineering of Background Colour in Digital Storytelling for Remedial Students. Page 202-3. Malaysia. Elsevier Ltd 
  • Collins, S. (2010). Supporting Relationships and Friendships : A Workbook for Social Care Workers. Page 15. Jessica Kingsley Publishers. ProQuest Ebook Central, Retrieved from https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/sitlibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=677673 (27/03/2020) 
  • Thatcher, S. (2014) The Journal of Excellence: Issue Number 16, Making a Habit of Happiness. Page 39. Canada 
Just noticed that all quotes must be under 40 words, or paraphrased... Oh boy

My Reader Writer is Online! Now I can ask for help!

Comments