BVA703 Update

Practice-based vs Practice-led research

Here is a link to a document that is an example of Practice-led research

Practice-led
Development of unique methodology
How I'm going to make film/animation
How To Write A To Do List That You'll Actually Stick To
The order of doing things e.g.;
  • Story writing
  • Editing
  • Concept Art
  • Thumbnails
  • Storyboard
  • Props
  • Art Direction
  • Casting
  • Documentation
  • Analytical
  • Directing
  • Game Play/Mechanics
How I do things
Blog/Documentation throughout each step
  • Story idea
    • Bullet/Key points
    • More visual, fewer words
  • Concept Art
    • Drafting ideas/plans
  • Thumbnails
    • Getting to know the story/world/characters
  • Concept Art
    • Development to idea
  • Storyboard/Animatic
    • Getting music planned
    • Animatic and Storyboard are the same to me
  • Character/World Building
    • Starting to animate the characters and world
    • Making changes to world/characters as building
  • Plan next step
    • Based on the progress so far
Putting myself in a place of not knowing

I change things. Edit/change and improve

What I wanted at the start of the year will be different to the result at the end of the year

Connect with my work

Comments