Music Man

I have been messaging and figuring things out with Music Partner Liam Furey

After I looked at some music he made (had a YouTube link) and he looked at some of my work (gave him my website link)I discussed what I had liked from his work and how it inspired me for what I would love to get from Liam

Here is some of his work
Just amazing!

Here's our conversation with each other, what we planed for whats next

I message first, Liam is in Bold

Hey Liam. How's your study :)
Thought I'd give you time to think or plan things over
I watched your amazing videos with your music and have taken some notes of some aspects you did and what I liked within them :D
(I can't remember which was what note but still ha ha)

That's good to hear! I'd love to know what inspired you!

:D

Sorry for not responding, this week has been crazy in terms of work haha

I was hoping to share some ideas to get you fired up too
Oh I Know!
My Uni is nuts to ha ha
ANYWAY
Some notes on what I took away from your videos (not in order)I loved how you used silence. How you built up the music then had a breath of air. Lake a clam before the storm ha ha
I also liked how you return to the calm/slower/however it is described at the start of the music piece and at the end
I just liked your music ha ha ha

Yay

But those two points I got ideas for the animatic/storyboard
Gonna try to put it into words. Here I go
At the start of the animatic. It is a soft calm or chill like music
This base music line (don't know the terms my bad) is used though out the story

I know what you mean by that, don't worry

But during the fights, it had louder, over bearing and epic/dangerous tone. Almost hiding the soft music that was/is there
Like a sub melody
Ummmm. Duet
Can't spell ha ha ha
Just when all hope is lost (Mr evil is winning) the music is almost just dangerous music. With a good beat/bass thing
Then the hero. The original music is back! But in a new way
It is now loud and proud
Like the hero should be
It is amazing when, as soon as he hit Mr evil (the explosion) it is airy, all is quite
Then the end of the music is the same as the start, with some boldness to it
That is just me wording what I got from your music :D
Sorry if it makes no sense ha ha ha

Awesome that's good. It makes perfect sense
So it sounds like you would want two different musical ideas and characters. One for the good guy, one for the bad guy

:)

So is there going to be any sound effects or talking?
Or do you want the most or all of it to be music

I will be having some hit, smack, boom, etc effects. But it will be very quiet and uneffecting the music to much
Something (I don't think we can but I can animate like it) I've done is time my animations to the music
Like in my film 'Notated Brothers'

Could you send me the link please?
Your description of the music is very good, it gives me a lot to try out

I am glad!

~watches the video~

I love it! It's very playful and fun

I'm glad :D
You can see I tried a little timing to animation
My 3D animation 'Camera View' also has animation timed with music

Yeah I noticed how music tied into the story for Notated Brothers

So what are you thinking at this moment? :)

So I have a friend who does a lot of mixing, and I know he can make professional sounding tracks off what I compose
So maybe I work out the instruments for the first character, then for the second character, then for the triumphant part
I can pick different instruments based on the character and feel they'll give

Sounding great :D

I can give you the piano versions of what I write first so you have something to time with the animation
And then I turn the piano track into an orchestral track with the instruments we agree on

Yes! I like this plan :D

Awesome! When do you need this animation done by?
That way I can work out how long I have for each step

You have time

Haha that's good

The final film is due at the end of the year around starting of November or late October
I plan to finish all animation by August or September to focus on Visual Effects

So I would want to finish the basic piano version by the start of July at the latest, so it give you time t put the music and animation together
Then from July I can work out the orchestral instruments I want to use
I'd want to give you a final version of the music by the middle of October
So you have time to ask for quick edits too

I think this can work :)
If I need anything or realize something I've messed up I'll message right away!

Hahaha fair enough. I'm happy that there is a lot of time for us to work on this

I am too
I'd die

How long will your animation be?

I length of the animatic
Still working on somethings out with timing and sory
But it seems like it will be around that length of time
I can't remember it off the top of my head..... Just under 2 minutes maybe

Sounds good to me!

:D

I am very grateful to be working wit Liam. I am excited to see what will happen next and am very pleased with the plan we have worked out together

Comments